£50000 – £55000/annum
Full Time, Management Vacancy In Worcestershire
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Bromsgrove. Your role as an Operations Manager will be to manage and oversee all Warehouse & Logistics Operations of the business including continuous improvement, to ensure an efficient operation that can support the sales growth and strategic aims of the company.
Overseeing all Warehouse & Logistics functions at a Senior Management level, the ideal candidate would have worked within an SME buying/selling organisation improving processes using Lean principles and influencing change at all levels. This is a challenging and varied role that is hands-on, enabling the directors and sales team to pursue growth in the company, whilst improving the service levels to both external and internal customers.
Key duties and responsibilities….
* Take ownership of goods-in, goods-out and customer experience
* Provide Leadership, Management and Accountability for warehouse and drivers team including regular performance management reviews and resolving any HR queries/issues as relevant
* Work with management to track operational costs budget vs. actual on a monthly basis
* Work closely with Customer Service, Sales and thr Warehouse/Delivery Driver Teams to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded
* Take calls for emergency deliveries from Customer Service and Sales and ensure customer expectations are met
* Improve DIFOT (Delivered In Full On Time) percentage by optimising stock levels, goods-in procedures and improving accuracy etc.
* Oversee Health & Safety / First Aid / Fire Safety including fire drills, regular maintenance etc.
* Oversee Premises and Facilities Maintenance for the company including offices, warehouse, yard and all grounds
* Oversee vehicle maintenance and transport compliance for all company vehicles and ensure they are kept clean and maintained in good working order at all times
* Optimise freight-out costs balancing use of vans, lorries and external couriers
* Oversee operational projects – e.g. managing new racking projects, oversee storage/labelling/despatch of new products etc.
* Focus on ways of improving and streamlining processes and achieving cost savings using Lean methods
* Work with finance to ensure good value is achieved when purchasing vehicles and other new assets
* Carry out hands on duties in the warehouse when required
* Coordinate labour for warehouse and drivers to ensure they are sufficiently resourced
* Arrange recruitment for temporary and permanent warehouse staff and drivers as required
* Previously held Operations Manager/Supervisor or Warehouse Management job role
* Experience in a buy / sell environment
* Some Lean Management experience preferred.
* IT savvy
* Customer focussed
* Positive attitude, Self-Motivated, Team Player, with a hard work ethic
* Highly Organised
* Excellent communication skills
Hours: Mon-Fri 45 hour week (with a degree of flexibility)
* Salary £50k – £55k (negotiable depending on experience)
* + Bonus
* Free Parking
* Regular staff treats when company are performing well
* Free Lunch every Friday
Updated 21-09-2022 12:01
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.